Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Body Biography of Charles Darnay


        In this drawing I added 3 objects that symbolize Charles Darnay. First is the trashcan. In the trashcan, I filled it with coins and dollar bills. I did this because Charles does care about money, but does not care about the way his family made it. Second, the two flags. The top flag is the French flag and the bottom is the England flag. This is because he from France to England to escape his past, which was his family and all the bad deeds they did. The last object is the paper bag. The paper bag with eye wholes usually represents shame and I added it for Darnay's feelings towards his family.

     "I must do, to live, what others of my countrymen, even with nobility at their backs, may have to do some day-work" (Dickens 95).  In this quote, Darnay explains what he wants to do with his new life. In his "new life" he will make his money how everyone else does, working, and refuses to accept the money his family made.

No comments:

Post a Comment