Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2015

                         Sacred of the ordinary. By Justin Gelvez

                    

    Most people don't find cleats important but I do. It's not the cleats but what they mean to me. Soccer represents my childhood. It is my dream. All I want in life is to become a professional soccer
    High school I was on the freshman team, but on the last day I was called up to tryout for Junior varsity. The coach liked me and chose me to play for him. I have been playing with old cleats for 3 years and my mother promised that if I made JV she would buy me new cleats.
    Soccer is the most important thing in my life. I know that school is important too because if I do bad I wont make it anywhere in life. Right now I'm not doing the best but I'm really trying.
     It's really hard to write this because words can't express my love for soccer. I would marry soccer if I could but I cant so I wont.
     I first started playing soccer when I was around 3 years old. At that age I loved to play but I didn't think of it as much. Once I got older ,5,  I started playing on a team. We were called Jackals. Our colors were red and black.
      When I was around 8, my dad started to train me. We would go to the Joyce fields and he would teach me how to shoot. It's one of the only things we have in common. Our bond grew stronger and stronger.
      But when I was around 10 my dad had to get another job. He now had 2 and had no time for me. I rarely saw him and we never went to practice anymore. I thought if I did very well in soccer he would notice me more. So I went to my backyard everyday and practiced alone. I had no room to shoot so I practiced ball control and skill moves. Hour by hour I would be outside.
      Now I'm 15 and I'm on the JV team. My dad only comes to home games which are at the Joyce and it makes me feel so happy. No matter what the outcome is, win or lose, he tells me how I played. He doesn't have much chill when it comes to his input but that's better for me. If he says I played well I would try to play better next match so he can say it again. If he says I played bad or could have done better I would try to play better next match. Of course I get sad cause I couldn't impress my dad but that just makes me want to get better.
     My mom and sister have never gone to one of my games but I'll be waiting to impress them.
     My really old goal was to impress my father. My less older goal was to make JV for high school. My current goal is to make varsity. Then to play professional. I want to make the  Argentinian International team and F.C. Barcelona.
   I will never give up for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment